Monday, May 23, 2016

Flight to America

The day I have been dreading has arrived... our flight home to America. My inner child was throwing a tantrum in the terminal because I did not want to leave Germany. The past 4 years in Europe have been amazing and I did not want it to end. We got to see and experience so much and I am going to miss it all. 


We checked in early at the Ramsetin PAX terminal and checked A LOT of bags. We had some time to kill before our flight so walked over to the KMCC (Kaiserslautern Military Community Center), a HUGE AAFES mall to kill some time. We grabbed some lunch and did some shopping before heading back to the terminal. On the 2nd floor of the terminal is a Family Lounge room for kids 5 and under. They have a large room full of toys and seating along with a restroom, a nursery with cribs and a nursing room. The family lounge also contains a small kitchen with a fridge, microwave, sink and bottle warmer.

Besides having to wait for HOURS to board our flight, it went pretty well. We flew a huge double-deck aircraft that was a Patriot Express flight.  Rand even napped for a few hours! We arrived late at night at BWI and stayed at a nearby hotel. Rob had to catch a flight early the next morning but Rand and I stayed at the hotel to wait for my family to pick us up.
Our first morning in the USA, Rand learned a new word "air conditioner." While I was getting ready for the day, I heard Rand laughing hysterically. So of course I grab my camera and peak around the corner to find him laughing at the air conditioner. 
Welcome to America Rand!

No comments:

Post a Comment