Saturday, June 20, 2015

A few of my favorite things~ Candy in Germany

The other day I blogged about my favorite foods you can buy in German grocery stores. I am sure you have been waiting for my post about all the delicious candies and sweets I constantly buy and send family and friends back in the States. 

Here is a list of my top favorites (in no particular order):






Böhme Fruchtkaramellen
I have always enjoyed getting these little treats at restaurants after a meal but FINALLY learned they sell them at the grocery store down the street. These are very similar to Starbursts but are WAY better!




Happy Hippos
These are everyones go to item when I take the to a grocery store in Germany during a visit. I admit, I do not blame them for bringing an extra suitcase just for Happy Hippos. They are made of a wafer biscuit, shaped like a hippopotamus and the inside is filled with chocolate and vanilla icing.



Ritter Sport 
My all time favorite chocolates! Ritter Sport is family business that started when Alfred and Clara (over 100 years ago) decided to dedicate their lives to make chocolate and this today means a square chocolate bar that comes in many flavours/mixes.  
My top favorites are: Honig-Salz-Mandel, Alpenmilch, Erdbeer yohgurt, Espresso and Nugat

Milka
Another tasty chocolate bar that has numerous flavors from Oreo to hazelnut. They are all delicious.



Haribo
All German supermarkets sell the HARIBO and it is almost overwhelming to pick one when you see all the different kinds they have. Also, the Haribo gummy bears here in Germany taste so much better here. Don't quote me on this but I think that they use different better ingredients on their Germany candies. 
My top favorites: Goldbären, Happy Cherries, Happy Cola, Balla Stixx, Lasso (I usually can only find these ones at Globus or at festivals) 



Kinder Surpise
These funny chocolate eggs are illegal in America because of the bite sized toy that comes in every Kinder egg. My husband is usually not a fan of candy but enjoys these layered chocolate and vanilla flavored eggs.



Kinder Bueno
These little chocolate bars are hazelnut cream filled wafers with a chocolate covering. 



Tofifee
These bite-sized treats are a carmel cup filled with chocolate with a surprise hazelnut in the middle. 


Nutella
Oh Nutella... I had to post this one because this is the stuff everyone asks for. Yes, you can buy it in the States BUT it is definitely different ingredients. The stuff here in Germany tastes WAY better and is WAY cheaper. I can buy a huge jar of this stuff for 3euro while a smaller sized jar is $8+ in the US.

*I just want to say that while I wrote this I ate a whole bar of Ritter Sport Honig-Salz-Mandel, lol 

No comments:

Post a Comment